Supporting you - useful videos and free resources related to audiology
You may find the following videos useful if you are learning how to care for your hearing aid or looking to discover exercises to help with dizziness.
Inner Ear Balance Home Exercises to Treat Dizziness
Lempert (BBQ) Maneuver to Treat BPPV Vertigo
Dix Hallpike to Diagnose BPPV Dizziness
Epley Maneuver to Treat BPPV Vertigo
How to clean Corda thin tube MiniBTE (video)
How to clean BTE hearing aid with ear mould -1
How to clean BTE hearing aid with ear mould -2
How to change battery CIC hearing aid
How to place BTE hearing aid with mould
Free mindfulness resources
Mindfulness based stress reduction is a type of meditation proven to assist us in coming with what life (or our minds) throws are us.
This can help treat depression and assist with anxiety, chronic pain management, ruminative thinking (going over and over things) and anhedonia (lack of joy in life).
The details below include a range of free resources to help you become familiar with the techniques of mindfulness meditation, which you may wish to try so you can start to use them in your daily life.
Free apps for a phone or mobile device which help with mindfulness and compassion:
- Head Space
- Smiling Mind
- Stop Breathe Think
Free downloads of various mindfulness practices in mp3 format are available at :
There are also sessions with a focus on compassion available at:
- Mindfulness: a practise guide to finding peace in a frantic world – Mark Williams and Danny Penman
- The Mindful Way Through Depression – Williams, Teasdale, Segal, Kabat Zinn
- Sane New World – Ruby Wax
- Mindfulness For Health – Vidyamala Burch & Danny Penham
- Full Catastrophe Living – Jon Kabat Zinn
- The Mindful Way Workbook – Teasdale, Williams, Segal
An introduction to mindfulness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqwHvnup6o
A guided 5 minute mindfulness practise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqwHvnvup6o
- The Mental Health Foundation- Information about mindfulness, courses, resources and an online course that is highly thought of: bemindful.co.uk
- Breathworks – an organisation which publishes resources and run courses around the country, particularly good using mindfulness with pain and illness: breathworks-mindfulness.org.uk
- Headspace – information on mindfulness and events, and resources such as podcasts: getsomeheadspace.com