Who we are and what we do
The podiatry service provides specialist advice and treatment for high risk patients suffering from complex nail and foot conditions. We hold outpatient clinics at community hospitals, GP practices and on the main district hospital sites.
All of our podiatrists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. This means they have completed a minimum of three years accredited training at degree level or equivalent.
The service works closely with the University of Plymouth to support work-based learning for students studying a BSc (Hons) Podiatry and are also proud to be part of the graduate Podiatry Apprenticeship programme training the next generation of Podiatrists.
Information and about us
Our treatments include:
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of various foot conditions
- Nail surgery and removal of infected or ingrowing toenails
- Musculoskeletal foot disorders, sports injuries providing advice on self- management supportive orthotics and insoles
- Ulcer and infection care, wound dressing
- Routine foot care of corns, calluses
Where to find us
Your healthcare professional will advise where your appointment will take place.
Podiatry clinics are run across North Devon at:
- North Devon District Hospital
- Barnstaple Health Centre
- Bideford Hospital
- Caen Medical Centre (Braunton)
- Holsworthy Hospital
- Ilfracombe (Tyrell) Hospital
- Lynton Resource Centre
- South Molton Hospital
- Torrington Hospital
- Wallingbrook Health Centre (Chumleigh)
- Heavitree hospital, Exeter
- Franklyn hospital, Exeter
- Tiverton hospital
- Culm Valley Health Centre, Cullompton
- Honiton hospital
- Ottery St Mary hospital
- Axminster hospital
- Crediton hospital
- Exmouth hospital
- Victoria hospital, Sidmouth
- Seaton hospital
- Budleigh Health & Wellbeing Hub
- Okehampton Community Hospital
Meet the team
Laura Brown, Community Podiatry Service Manager firstname.lastname@example.org (Eastern services)
Rebecca Brown, Podiatry Professional Lead email@example.com (Northern services)
Amy Williams, Podiatry Operational Service Manager firstname.lastname@example.org (Northern services)
The team comprises:
- Specialist Podiatrists focusing in wound management, MSK and nail surgery
- Podiatry Assistants
If you are an existing Podiatry patient you can contact us on the MyChart app available to download on your mobile smart phone or on My Care on your computer. To sign up click the link below for instructions:
Patient information leaflets
We produce a wide range of leaflets which provide information about our services and about the treatment you might receive in our clinics or during your stay in hospital.
We also produce these in different formats including large print, please contact the department you are visiting for more information.
Information for healthcare professionals
We have a section specifically for Healthcare Professionals on our website to help you find referral information, guidance and other helpful advice.