Exeter COVID-19 Vaccination Centre
The Royal Devon’s Exeter vaccination centre has moved from its current location at Greendale Business Park to a smaller unit at Greendale Farm Shop, EX5 2JU.
From Monday 3 April, the team will be focusing on delivering the spring programme to care home residents, however it will be possible to get first and second doses on 13 April, 9am-5pm.
The spring booster programme starts on Monday 17 April and appointments can now be booked via the National Booking System or by calling 119.
Following advice from the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation the spring campaign aims to protect the most vulnerable, including over 75s, those with a weakened immune system and older adult care home residents. Those living in care homes are already being vaccinated by NHS teams visiting homes to offer protection.
Others eligible can now book an appointment via the National Booking Service or NHS App for the first appointments available week beginning Monday 17 April. Text messages and letters will also be sent to those without the app or not actively using it.
We encourage everyone to book an appointment as walk in appointments may not be available at our centre. If you do need to find a walk-in vaccination centre you can search for your closest walk-in centre here.
As well as our vaccination centres in Exeter, North Devon, and Plymouth we’ll also be running a programme of outreach clinics so as many people as possible can access their vaccinations.
More information about what to expect when you arrive at the centre is available in the tabs below.
Need to know before you go
- Check your eligibility at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/who-can-get-the-vaccine
- To receive your first booster dose, it must have been at least 3 months since your second dose
- To receive a second dose, it must have been 8 weeks since your first dose if you are 18 or over, 12 weeks since your first dose if you are under 18
- If you’ve had COVID-19 recently we may not be able to vaccinate you. Please see ‘Attending for vaccination’ below
- Please bring your NHS number with you if you can, this really helps our team
- Queues are likely. Please bear this in mind and wear clothing that will keep you warm
- Our vaccination staff and volunteers are working as quickly as possible – please be patient
Appointments are offered via the National Booking Service and are staggered to allow for social distancing and we ask that you do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment time to avoid queues.
When booking your appointment online, please make sure you click through after the “confirmation details” screen. This will ensure you:
- Receive a booking confirmation via text/email
- Are able to book subsequent appointments
The centre’s address and postcode is:
Greendale Farm Shop
For Greendale Business Park, exit the M5 at junction 30 and follow the A3052 Sidmouth road for around 3 miles until you see signs directing you to the vaccination centre. You can plan your journey with Google Maps, or enter EX5 2JU in to your sat nav.
There is also the option to come in via the business park and follow the vaccination signs, which will bring you to the back of the vaccination centre.
Free Parking is available and you will be greeted by our marshals on entering the centre
The nearest stop is Farringdon Cross serving the routes 9, 9A, 52 and 58 from Exeter city centre. The journey time is around 45 minutes. Please note that the service does not go to Greendale on Sundays or Bank Holidays. For more information, please visit www.stagecoachbus.com.
More about us
The centre is staffed by specially-trained vaccinators and support staff with help from volunteers.
Free parking is available.
Please refer to your appointment letter.