Better together - our strategy, mission and values
Our strategy is called Better Together, because we truly believe we are better when we work with our patients, with our colleagues, with our members and stakeholders, and with our partners.
It sets out who we are as a new Trust, what we want to achieve over the next five years, and how we will get there.
Our mission is to work together to help you to stay healthy and to care for you expertly and compassionately when you are not.
And we will deliver this by focusing on our CARE objectives:
- Collaboration and partnerships
- A great place to work
- Recovering for the future
- Excellence and innovation
Our values are at the heart of guiding everything we do: Compassion, Integrity, Inclusion and Empowerment
Together, these set out how we will put our strategy into practice by guiding how we care for our patients and support our colleagues.
You can find out more about the strategy on this page.
Our mission and CARE objectives.
We are working together to help you to stay healthy and to care for you expertly and compassionately when you are not. This is our mission, and we will deliver this by focusing on our Care objectives.
- Collaboration and partnerships - we will work in partnership to improve the health of our communities
- A great place to work - we will create a culture that retains, develops, supports, and attracts people to work as part of a team to deliver patient-centred care
- Recovering for the future - we will deliver an equitable recovery and capacity for further change
- Excellence and innovation in patient care - we will embrace new technologies and ways of working to deliver the best possible care and to enable people to stay well
What our values mean to us
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. Together, they set out how we will put our strategy into practice by guiding how we care for our patients and support our colleagues.
You can find out more by watching our video.
Living our values
- Being kind to ourselves and others, showing empathy, sincerity and
- Meeting the needs of others – putting ourselves in others’ shoes
- Treating patients, their families and each other with care and
- Taking time to engage, support, listen and act without judgement
- Being open and honest
- Being reliable and trustworthy
- Having the courage to speak up when things go wrong
- Being responsible, accountable and learning from mistakes
- Questioning actions that are inconsistent with our Trust values
- Valuing and celebrating individual differences so we feel like we belong
and can bring our whole selves to work
- Respecting different people’s needs, aspirations, priorities, abilities
- Being willing to listen to different views and opinions so all our voices
count and are heard
- Being aware of the impact of our own behaviour on others
- Listening and taking action to ensure equity for everyone
- Being trusted and making the best use of resources entrusted to us
- Having the freedom to act and make decisions within clear guidelines
- Being able to share our ideas and have our say
- Sharing our expertise and honest feedback to support our colleagues to
learn and grow
- Encouraging and celebrating those who innovate and go the extra mile
for our patients and colleagues
- Supporting our patients to have greater autonomy over decisions and
actions affecting their health